Forever 21 Printed Crop Top (similar)
LOFT Long Sweater Vest (similar)
LOFT High Waisted Wide Leg Denim (similar)
Old Navy Heeled Clog Shoes (similar)
Urban Outfitters Hat (similar)
1. I feel like last Tuesday was a decade ago. Which is actually a nice change of pace since life usually seems to fly by at a million miles an hour. Anyway, this week's look is clearly boho inspired. I pretty much pulled everything in my closet that was easily influenced by the 70's and slapped it all together. I quite like how it came together!
2. Fact: Ancient Egyptians often shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the deaths of their cats (source).
3. Do you believe couples are better together when their astrological signs are compatible? Or do you think that's a bunch of hogwash? I feel like there is some stock in it, but I am a hopeless romantic and believe in ridiculous things like horoscopes.
4. I showed Luke "Charlie Bit My Finger" and then realized he and Wes are about the same age as those boys when it was originally recorded! Wouldn't a spin-off version starring Luke and Wes be funny? Or is it still too early? I don't really know the rules of how long something has to be out until it can be redone as a cover. Am I making any sense?
5. Would you rather live in a world that is entirely animated except for the people, or live in a world that only consists of three colors?
In the past few months I've made a conscious effort to stay fit and achieve my fitness goals. It is necessary for both my body to function and to be mentally well, which are both important factors in leading a happy life. Well, for a gal who isn't a hardcore fitness junky, I obviously do not have mounds of activewear clothing to choose from.
Like every other woman I know, I eat, sleep and breathe Target®, and I've started shopping their C9 activewear collection. Although I think a fitness splurge once in awhile is awesome as a reward for meeting goals, this collection fits my limited budget and everyday fitness clothing needs since they have a little bit of everything, and I thought it would be fun to share my latest haul I did for basic workout clothing!
I needed to get neutral colors that could mix and match with other clothing, so I decided on , a black running tee, a black sports bra, a black jacket, and a pair of grey sweat shorts. The total for this entire outfit was $62!
C9 Seamless Sports Bra. I am not big-busted, or even medium-busted for that matter, and this sports bra gives me ample support. There is nothing cutting into my skin while I am trying to bend and flex since it is seamless, which is my kind of bra! The straps work well with all of my athletic tees and tanks, too. (I dont know about you, but it drives me nuts if I have bra straps sticking out of my clothes that don't match my outfit.)
C9 Performance Tee. The best part about this running tee is that is wicks moisture and sweat. Uhhh, yeah... I definitely need that. Ever since having babies, I get intensely sweaty. I will just blame it on the hormones like I always do. The one thing I would have to say about this is it runs a bit large in size. I bought a size small and it still fits a bit loose for my liking for a performance tee, but I like them fairly tight. If you are the same, I suggest sizing down.
C9 Cardio Jacket. This thing is a new wardrobe staple in general. I wear it in the mornings during a run when it is a little chilly, and pair it with jeans and a tee throughout the day (if it is cooler, which has been rare) and at night. I love it, love it, love it!
C9 Sweat Shorts. I cannot even begin to describe my adoration for these shorts. Since buying them two weeks ago, I am not exaggerating when I say I have worn them 10 times. They are the perfect weight and color and are flattering. No see-through butt showing and they are soft. Basically the champion of all shorts. I would say these shorts are my favorite out of all my purchases from the C9 collection to date, and I recommend you get some immediately.
I bought all of these pieces two weeks ago and have been wearing them regularly, and I am happy to report they wash very well. No shrinking or peeling. Overall, the Target® C9 collection is one I recommend if you are looking for quality and pocket-friendly items.
Cheers to achieving your fitness goals and working to live a more active and healthy life!
This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting our sponsors!
I feel it my solemn couch potato duty to share the Halloween movies currently in our Netflix queue. I take my holiday themed movies very seriously. (Sidenote: when did they change the "my queue" to "my list"? I will always refer to it as the queue, which always make me want to say "oooeey oooeey" every time I spell it, although it is pronounced nothing like that. Those dang French people.) Actually, I take all movies pretty seriously. If I had a dollar for every movie I've watched, I'd be a millionaire. Oh wait, that's what the people in Hollywood do! Looks like I'm on the wrong career path. For reals though, I would be a spectacular casting agent. Especially for rom coms and dramas. I can sense a world-changing, onscreen chemistry like no other. Now I'm beginning to think I could have a solid career in matchmaking as well...
Pinky promise I will remain focused on the Halloween movies for the rest of this post, although I could talk about movies and TV all the live long day, so holla atcha girl if you want to gab about it.
1. Okay, so for Matt we have the cult classic Tim Burton film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Definitely a Halloween staple. Also, when I was 16 and had my first job at PacSun, this dude who came in to buy a pair of black Vans slipons had the CRAZIEST Nightmare Before Christmas scene tattooed on his entire upper arm. I'm not one for tattoos, but I am pretty sure I just stared at it for five minutes solid with my jaw hanging wide open. It was insane! Like, it looked exactly like the movie on this guy's flesh! So, yeah. My point here is, go watch it. And if you're going to get a tattoo, get a colorful sleeve of Jack Skellington and Sally.
2. For me, we have The Craft. As a tween of the 90's and growing up in the grunge capital of the world, this movie was and is naturally part of my library. (As well as every other angsty girl of my generation.) Fairuza Balk will always scare the crap out of me, even opposite Adam Sandler. Also, what ever happened to Neve Campbell? Ahhh, long live the 90's.
3. Next up is Hook for the little Lukester! I get a bit misty-eyed when I scroll through Netflix and see all of the Robin Williams movies I grew up on as a kid, and want Luke to experience that same magic. Hook is absolutely the best of the best, and since Luke loves anything with pirates and imagination, this one is for sure going to be a hit.
4. It wouldn't be Halloween if we didn't have Curious George! Remember how Luke and I dressed up as Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat for his first Halloween? We obviously hold a special place in our hearts for that darn monkey and Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest is a must for all the little people in your house.
5. Last, but certainly not least, we have The Addams Family. I think this movie is hilarious. Truly, I laugh my guts out every year when we watch it. Also, the tagline is the best... "Weird is relative." Amen to that!
Alrighty, now it's your turn to spill the deets on what is in your Netflix queue. Whether it's Halloween-themed or not, I am always in search of good recommendations. I will admit, I am partial to stupid romcoms that receive dreadful ratings, but I like a good indie flick and documentary, too. Give me all the movies!