- thought and musing looks amazing in layered neutrals... her scarf/belt/necklace combination is very inspiring - I want to try that!
- lady M breaks down the color grey with all the inspiration you would ever need to completely fall in love with this color. From a gorgeous dress to your favorite celebs rocking the color - she has it all! (find lady M on twitter!)
- 100 inspirations has an Angelina Jolie inspired outfit in a gorgeous nude hue - THE color for spring! Check it out!
- good clean fun takes a classic summer combo, strawberries and rhubarb, and mixes them up into a fabulous summer cocktail... just in time for the holiday weekend! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- the stylish housewife sports a classic outfit inspired by the one and only Olivia Palermo - check out her spin on the look! (find the stylish housewife on twitter!)
- the capital barbie is loving bright orange for summer - this nail polish caught my eye! Check out her other bold and bright picks! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- rose a la mode found the perfect outfit for the long drive back from vacation and I love it! (find rose a la mode on twitter!)
- a spot of whimsy is crushing on the interior stylings of Ralph Lauren. You will be too after you check out these ultra classic and ultra comfortable digs! (find a spot of whimsy on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style features the Tribeca loft of Erin Featherston - it's superbly feminine! The girly girl in you will love it! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- alisha of alisha & brandon is bringing back a pair of old wide leg jeans to her closet and is also dishing on style versus fashion. (find alisha & brandon on twitter!)
- infashuation had my heart skipping a beat with stripes, leopard print and white jeans. This is the ultimate in summer outfit combos! (find infashuation on twitter!)
- the fancy red boots is letting her readers choose her new handbag for her - how fun!?!? I am loving one bag in particular... which one are you loving? (find the fancy red boots on twitter!)
- a lucky fifth rounds up her favorite drugstore beauty finds. Who doesn't love a peek into others' makeup stash?
- along abbey road brings us her top fashion picks from the Cannes Film Festival. There are so many gorgeous celebrities and dresses!
- good life for less is passionate for pink this summer - check out her fun picks from shoes, to clothes to accessories! (find good life for less on twitter!)
Happy Friday, loves! I bring you my feature in the third week of the "it" list! It is so much fun! Check out all of these bloggers! They are great!
So, we are moving in less than 24 hours! Wish us luck as we drive across town to sunny California!
One more week to enter the $30 Anthropologie gift card giveaway! Do it! You'll be happy you did! ♥
I love this time of year at Nordstrom. Amazing discounts on fabulous merchandise, what's not to love?
Even better yet, I have a $40 note I get to use! Cha-ching!
So I need all of your lovely advice on the matter of color choice for this to-die-for Badgley Mischka top handle canvas bag.
There is army, black, cognac, or metallic and I cannot decide for the life of me what color would be best. I want something I can carry over into fall and use for a long time!
Choice 1: Army
Choice 2: Black
Choice 3: Cognac
Choice 4: Metallic
It's a tricky choice, isn't it? I'll never be able to decide without a little help from you all! I want them all :) Tell me your votes!
All you lovelies are the best. Thanks so much for reading and following. I sure do ♥ you all! And to show my appreciation I am hosting a Anthro gift card giveaway! Hurry up and enter! Only 8 days left!
Without my photographer around (aka my husband) I am having major blogger's block as to what I should blog about. It is really hard to keep a fashion blog without my own looks and I get sick of posting pictures from things found on the web.
Why not take my own pictures? Well, I would but we are moving in 3 days and our place is a sea of boxes and mayhem.
Here is my proposed remedy to blogger's block:
Take a bubble bath
|(Always follow in Audrey's footsteps)|
Treat yourself to some take out
|(Indian cuisine is my personal fave)|
Flip through the pages of your favorite mag for inspiration
Watch your favorite rom-com
|(Seeing her Louboutins always makes me happy)|
It's nice to relax and take a break every once and awhile. Here's to lounging around and doing nothing (air cheers)!
P.S. Just 9 more days to enter my Anthropologie giveaway! Come on over and enter here!
Can anything be better than beautiful couture fashion on the Southern coast of France? I think not.
Here is my fave line up of looks from the Cannes Film Festival this year.
1) The perpetually beautiful Rachel McAdams in a stunning lace Marchesa gown.
|Image from peoplestylewatch.com|
2) Rosario Dawson in Alberta Ferretti gown. This dress is perfect for an effortless, glam look in Cannes! This would be the type of gown I would wear if I were to ever become famous :)
|Image from peoplestylewatch.com|
3) I have a weakness for all things yellow, and this Zac Posen gown that Jessica Chastain wore is more than perfect!
|Image from peoplestylewatch.com|
4) I'm not one to usually love the grunge look of Kirsten Dunst, but this is one amazing Chanel Haute Couture gown!
|Image from peoplestylewatch.com|
5) Ryan Gosling in Ferragamo...wowza. Good gracious, he is divine! If I were a man, this is exactly how I would dress. Why can't he and the aforementioned Rachel McAdams get back together? I bet they still secretly pine for each other just like in The Notebook. Why wouldn't they!?
|Images from peoplestylewatch.com|
And for a bit of the celebrity gossip in me... Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio!?! Is this for reals!?! As an avid Gossip Girl enthusiast, my heart kind of broke when she and Penn Badgley split a few months back, but this is way better than anything I was thinking! I truly hope they become the next big Hollywood couple! She could live out the Leo D fantasy for all of us twenty-somethings that majorly obsessed over him in the Titanic years.
|Image from peoplestylewatch.com|
There you have it, my musings on Hollywood glamour and fashion. Thank goodness for pretty dresses to brighten up your day!
P.S. Don't forget to enter my Anthropologie $30 gift card giveaway if you haven't already done so!
Have a great Monday night, loves!
- a spot of whimsy features Jess LC's new handbag line... you will fall in love with these bags! Be sure to check them out! (find a spot of whimsy on twitter!)
- good clean fun never disappoints with tasty and simple recipes. These Oreo cheesecake bars look SO good! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- fancy red boots is wearing a simple but adorable outfit that I now deem to be my "uniform" this summer! (find fancy red boots on twitter!)
- alisha of alisha and brandon is looking fabulous in this striped maxi dress (stripes seem to be the theme today!)... a maxi dress is such a great summer staple. (find alisha on twitter!)
- along abbey road has a great makeup video tutorial featuring her favorite MAC products - be sure to check out her tips and favorites!
- rose a la mode is looking particularly happy in this great outfit... check out the great deal she got on this top! (find rose a la mode on twitter!)
- the capital barbie is loving lime lately - what a fun color for summer! This scarf is a certain favorite. (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- the stylish housewife is sporting a perfectly layered look! What a great look for spring and it's inconsistent temps. (find the stylish housewife on twitter!)
- baby shopaholic goes out on the town with some girlfriends - check out the fun beetle ring she is wearing. How fun! (find baby shopaholic on twitter!)
- infashuation brings some in-your-face color to you with this amazing outfit. I am loving the bold accessories and bright yellow! (find infashuation on twitter!)
- lady M's maxi skirt looks so comfortable and stylish. If you need a simple look for summer - take notes! (find lady M on twitter!)
- good tots pulls together sweet and simple summer maternity outfits for all those summer pregnancies!
- thought and musing looks dashing with a simple bow in her hair. Plus, check out her adorable blazer!
- good life for less is loving the color navy lately... inspired by the lovely Kate Middleton, of course! (find good life for less on twitter!)
P.S. Be sure to enter my Anthropologie giveaway! Have a glorious weekend everyone! ♥
InStyle is one of my absolute favorite magazines. The looks and styles put together by the InStyle teams are never anything less than spectacular.
As I was meandering my way through the fashion page, lo and behold I stumbled upon this highlight.
I squealed with joy as my excitement centered around the belt! A-dorable, isn't it!? Never before have I actually owned anything featured in a magazine, before I have seen it in the magazine. This may not sound like an exhilarating concept, but it gives me a sense of fashionista satisfaction in knowing I have the same style sense as a fashion magazine editor.
Purchasing the mustard yellow Linea Pelle belt was a fabulous find indeed! And the best thing is I got it from Anthropologie for only $29 in comparison to the original $52!
I will be jazzing my belt up with my own flair of style by adding a flower pin. It's a great way to add some pizazz! Try adding a flower to your scarves too!
You can have the chance to get this belt for free by entering my $30 Anthropologie gift card giveaway! Hurry on over here and enter, will ya?
Thanks for reading and following, loves! I sure do appreciate all of you for making my blogging experiences truly enjoyable every single day! Big xoxo's to you all!
Happy Thursday! ♥
I often wonder what it would be like to be a regular shopper at places like Neiman Marcus, Bergdorfs, or Saks. Could you imagine? Well, some of you probably do shop there, but this dream is for all of us thrifty, poor lassies.
With my head in the clouds in wishes of one day being a designer walking advertisement, I stumbled upon this insanely beautiful silk maxi dress by Nanette Lepore. Its price tag is a throat-clenching $558. GASP!
Gorgeous, isn't it?
Luckily, I found the budget friendly version of this look!
|(Once the hubbers is back to be my photographer, I'll post the outfit pic. I am completely horrible at self timer pictures)|
MAXI: Nordstrom Rack, $20. SHOES: N.Y.L.A., Nordstrom Rack, $29.
Peace and love, everyone! Make it a fabulous day! And don't forget to stop by here and enter my Anthropologie giveaway! ♥
Recording yourself is very interesting. It's always so funny to hear yourself talk and view your mannerisms! I didn't realize my voice is as high pitched as it is. In my head I am always afraid I have a manly voice, but that is definitely not the case.
Anyway, this is my first tutorial! So exciting, right? I wanted to show you how to create a great, Hollywood-worthy eye! It's a daily go-to look with a touch of glam for all you fashionistas!
1) Overall shimmer base: Idol Eyes
2) Brow bone shadow: Remotely Grey was discontinued (tear) but I believe Copperplate is similar with the grey/brown undertone
3) Pop of color along crease: Fig 1
4) Highlight along brow line: Phloof!
5) Eyeliner: Shadowy Lady
As for the brushes, I purchased all of them at Target at about $3-4 per brush. MAC brushes are superb, however they are really pricey.
Isn't being a girl so much fun? Life without makeup and sparkly things would be lame! Also, I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and find it useful! Let me know if you have any other beauty questions, I would love to be of assistance!
P.S. Don't forget to join my $30 Anthropologie gift card giveaway so you can purchase some fabulous new duds to go with those glammed up eyes!
Happy Tuesday, little lovers! ♥
My burning hunk of love, aka my husband, left for his new job yesterday. He will be gone for 2 weeks! AAACK! That's a long time for someone who is used to being with her hubs everyday!
The good news is that we will be moving to the LA area in 2 weeks! I will be living in the fashion empire of the US (with the exception of NYC)! Yayyy! Can I just say congratulations to my hubby for getting a cash money job?! I am so proud of him! He sure does take good care of me :)
The bad news is I don't have anyone to take my outfit pictures for me for the next couple of weeks! This means I am going to have to get really creative. I apologize in advance for awkward or blurry pics, but this girl is doing the best she can!
|(I purposely made this a blurry one to go with my urban artsy oufit)|
|(This is my lonely & forlorn face since Matt is gone)|
BEANIE: Charlotte Russe. TUNIC: Anthropologie. TANK: Loft. NECKLACE: Loft. LEGGINGS: Loft. BOOTS: MIA (Nordstrom Rack).
Today I am all about the urban-chic look. This is a great outfit for a relaxed, yet ultra stylish vibe. I feel like I'm practically wearing jammies! Keep in mind that monochromatic shades are best when wearing a tunic since it creates a more slim line, as tunics can create an undesired shapeless look at times. Add a pop of color in your layering or jewelry pieces and you have the perfect balance!
Guess how much I got the tunic for from Anthro??? Originally priced at $98, I got it for $19!
That $30 Anthropologie gift card I am doing as my giveaway will surely be able to get you two great pieces if you are a frugalista, or can go toward that killer piece you've been waiting to splurge on! Be sure to enter here so you can get your urban-chic on!
Have a mah-velous Monday, my loves! ♥
Next to Loft, J.Crew could very well be the death of me. I can just picture the headlines...
"Girl Suddenly Dies From Shopping Induced Coma."
As I was perusing through the J.Crew online shopping website, I came across these bad boys.
|Sperry Topsider Boots, J.Crew|
Sperry Topsider boots? Let me repeat myself. SPERRY TOPSIDER BOOTS!?! I think I've died an' gon' ta heaven!
I can just imagine all of the amazing outfits I could create completey around these boots.
Right now I am thinking skinny jeans, and a relaxed, striped tee would look perfect.
Ooo, and how cute would a little floral dress be with the boots!?
|Delphinium dress, J.Crew|
Oh me, oh my! Everything is just too cute!
I'll share with you my Anthropologie finds on Monday! This girl means business! And speaking of being a shopaholic and loving Anthropologie, you can get your shopping on by entering my giveaway for a $30 Anthro gift card! You know you want it!
Happy Friday loves!
I am so excited to be featured in the good life for less "it" list! Check out these amazing blogs!
- rebecca with an R spells out her current wish list... what made the cut? This gorgeous clutch for one, the rest you are going to have to find out yourself by heading over there! (find rebecca with an R on twitter!)
- one hundred inspirations recreates this gorgeous 70's inspired Elle Machpherson look on a budget - I am really loving this look!
- a spot of whimsy found these really neat graphic maps for popular cities in Europe. They are so unique, I would love one for myself! (find a spot of whimsy on twitter!)
- capital barbie rounds up unique graduation gifts for a stylish grad - she has some great ideas here! I really love this bow ring. (find capital barbie on twitter!)
- baby shopoholic got some great pieces and great deals at baby Gap recently. I can't stand how cute this denim moto jacket is!
- lady M is sporting an adorable floral bib necklace and has the perfect outfit to go with it. I am loving this necklace for spring! (find lady M on twitter!)
- the stylish housewife celebrates her birthday in this gorgeous one shouldered maxi dress. Go over and wish her a Happy Birthday! (find the stylish housewife on twitter!)
- good clean fun brings you good old fashioned milk and cookies... chocolate toffee cookies to be exact! Yum! (find good clean fun on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style is crushing on coral... what a perfect shade for summer. I am loving all her picks... especially this nail polish, but make sure you swing by to check out the others! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- the fancy red boots has an adorable outfit for a day away from the city... check out her boots that she found at an unlikely spot. I love them! (find the fancy red boots on twitter!)
- good tots rounds up 'sweet' macaron themed items from etsy - perfect for the francophile gal in your life. This poster is just too, too cute!
- infashuation rocks this amazing horse sweater AND she dishes on where she finds one of kind pieces like these - don't miss her tips! (find infashuation on twitter!)
- along abbey road is giving away a gift card to Anthropolgie... need I say more? Pop on over to enter why don't you!?!
- thought and musing has the most perfect outfit for a picnic if there ever were one. And I am absolutely in love with her hat!
- rose a la mode is looking perfect in plaid... also stop by to get the word on her new posting schedule. You know, the early bird gets the worm! (find rose a la mode on twitter!)
the IT list is produced weekly by jill of good life for less, for information on how you can be involved, click here!
Isn't Jill great!? I just love making new bloggy friends! And as it is Friday the 13th, I expect to have a wonderful day! I have always had good luck on Friday the 13th. It's all about your perspective. Make it a lucky day and have a fantabulous weekend! ♥
Today I am feeling a bit sassy, but not necessarily in the cute way. Let's just say I hardly got any sleep and I had to be up early. Yuck. Do any of you ever feel that way?
However sassified I may be feeling, I quite love my outfit today. It's my first time wearing the hippie headband, and as you've read before, you know my love with headbands!
BLAZER: Loft, $14. TANK: Loft, $29.50. ACCESSORIES: Loft, $20. CROPS: Loft, $9. OXFORDS: Nordstrom Rack, $39.
I am determined to have a happy day, regardless of waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
After all, I am a firm believer that attitude determines altitude, mis amigos.
P.S. Please be sure to stop by here to enter my Anthropologie giveaway!
I am love, love, loving it! As you can see in the pictures, I have a little bit of a sunburn going on so my new floppy hat serves double duty, both as a sun shield and a great fashion accessory!
FLOPPY HAT: Loft, $34.50. SWEATER: Loft, $25.00. DRESS: Loft, $4. SUNNIES: H&M, $5. SANDALS: Loft, $24.50.
You can get the hat right now! I linked the items that are currently at Loft. And better yet, they are having a storewide 30% off Style Event this Saturday at your local Loft! So many cute things! Be there!
As far as the floppy hat goes, it has be worn with the perfect, relaxed summer outfit. Pair it with a sweet little sundress like I did (just try not to look prego!) for a laid back look, or for the ultimate look pair it with a maxi dress... hippie hippie chic!
As always thanks SO SO much for following and reading, little lovers! To express my love & appreciaton, I am doing a $30 Anthropologie gift card giveaway! Anthro's new summer line is incredible! Make sure you enter if you haven't done so already so you can get glam for summer!
Today is my second wedding anniversary!
Can I just tell you that my husband is absolutely amazing? He is everything and more that a man should be.
great sense of humor
The list goes on and on, but I don't want to be here until next Monday :)
In celebration of our anniversary, I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of the magical day that started it all.
In the epic words of one of my favorite bands...
all you need is love ♥
Go give your sweetie pie a big hug & kiss to show them how much you love them, will ya?!
P.S. To show my love for you, make sure you enter my Anthropologie gift card giveaway!
Scenes from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou have been running through my head all day and there is one word I keep thinking about...
dapper: neat, trim; lively and brisk
The 30's were such a great fashion era and dapper's the word to describe its greatness.
I finally got my new fedora and oxfords, which have a 30's-esque feel to them. Don't you just love the vintage trends?
Hat, Nordstrom Rack; shirt, bracelets, LOFT; skinny cargos, Express; oxfords, Nordstrom Rack; earrings, F21
Hope you are all having a great weekend, loves! Have a grand time celebrating your mama's!
P.S. Be sure to enter my Anthropologie giveaway so you can get your dapper on too!